Production and Ownership of Knowledge
In this semester, I have learned how to write a space-order paragraph using lots of descriptive details, a listing-order paragraph using reasons and examples to prove my point, and an opinion paragraph. Through writing various kinds of paragraphs, I have acquired understanding of knowledge production and knowledge ownership. To be specific, I have got to know how to write a paragraph more informatively and interestingly to convey my opinion and feelings to others. Professor Gary, who has been an English Writing Professor for about 9 years in Sejong University, always told us, "Paragraph should be clear, specific, detailed, and concise." To write clearly, I did not make grammatical errors as possible. To write specifically, I wrote on the basis of my own experience. To write detailedly, I used many descriptive words, and I put some related images of the topic because readers may have no knowledge about my topic. To write a perfect writing, I always tried to fulfill those four requirements: clear, specific, detailed, and concise. Finally, ownership of knowledge is one of the important elements in writing. There are innumerable information in the Internet, and we can get those information with comparative ease. I realized that it makes more reliable when I use citations of famous researchers or celebrities because readers know who they are. Consequently, I believe showing knowledge ownership is very significant to give readers credibility.
Hi Doyeon,
답글삭제I read your paragraph well. I think your paragraph is well-organized. I really agree that Gary told us "Paragraph should be clear, specific, detailed, and concise.". I heard about this almost every class. Maybe I will not forget about this even in after semester.
Thanks,
Moonju
Dear Doyeon
답글삭제Hi Doyeon,
I’m happy to read your writing. When I read your blog post #5, it seemed review our class of this semester. You explained each paragraph's style detailed, so I could recalled what Gary said in the whole class. In addition, if I forget how to write well, it would be great that reread this writing. Thank you for you! Then I want to recommend just one thing to you. There, in your paragraph, are so many 'To ~, I ~.' They are in the middle of yours. I felt a little bit boring while I read this posting. Also, Gary said in our class, "If the same sentence structure is repeated, it makes people tedious." You'd better change another construction of sentences. I hope to read your another writing next time.
Thanks,
Jihyeon
Hi Doyeon,
답글삭제It was nice to read your writing. We learned how to make nice paragraph in English. I also think we learned the best way to produce knowledge in English. Your writing is nice.
Thanks,
Hyeong-eun